How can I restore my iPad?
Need to reset your iPad to factory settings, or restore a misbehaving iPad with a previous backup? Follow these instructions to restore:
1. Open iTunes on your computer.
2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the USB cable.
3. Your iPad should appear in iTunes in the left menu under DEVICES. Select the iPad.
4. Click the Summary tab in the main window of iTunes.
5. If you wish, backup data on the iPad before restoring by clicking the Sync button. If iTunes preferences are set to sync automatically then wait for the sync to complete.
6. If you want to check for a new iOS version, click the Check for Update button in the Summary tab. This will download a new firmware version if one is available. Click Update to install.
7. To restore the iPad click the Restore button. Follow on-screen prompts in iTunes to complete the process. You will be asked if you want to restore to a backup or set up the iPad with default factory settings.
8. When the process in iTunes is complete, your iPad has been restored with fresh firmware.