Folders that help organize app icons can be removed from the home screen. To delete a folder and move the apps inside to the home screen follow these steps:
1. Touch and hold the folder you wish to remove until it wiggles.
2. Open the folder to show the apps inside.
3. While the apps are still wiggling drag them out of the folder and onto the home screen.
4. If you don't want to save apps inside the folder you can delete them instead (touch the black circle on the corner of each icon you want to delete).
5. After all apps inside the folder have been deleted or dragged outside of the folder it will disappear.
6. Press the home button to finish editing your home screen.