Hitcents.com has released The Godfather Game based on the classic 1972 gangster film starring Marlon Brando. The Godfather is a freemium title where you play as a devoted Underboss in the Corleone family. The goal of the game is to help "carry out the Corleones’ dirty deeds and fight for the honor and respect of the most powerful Family in New York City." You do this by enlisting Capos and Soldiers to settle any misunderstandings, and by making the right allies while developing your estate. The Godfather Game is basically another free building title cashing in on another popular franchise. It's available on the App Store for free.
As promised, the second Guild of Dungeoneering action pack is now available as a free update to those who have already purchased the game. The expansion pack called, Ice Cream Headache, includes 21 new quests, 30 new monsters and 3 new classes. It also introduces Favour, a new gameplay mechanic which allows you to earn powerful card-manipulation effects.
Guild of Dungeoneering is available on the App Store for $4.99. Version 1.4 of the app includes both adventure packs Pirate's Cove and Ice Cream Headache.
Those of you who haven't grown bored of Pokémon GO can earn double the amount of Candy and collect more pink Pokémon until February 15. The extra perks are part of the special Pokémon GO Valentine's Day event.
Here are this week's most noteworthy App Store releases:
- Thirteen Souls: Martial Arts Fighting ($2.99) Full-view 3D martial arts FTG mobile game.
- Postknight (Free) Reimagines the best parts of role-playing games into bite-sized bits within an exciting delivery adventure.
- Dead Again (Free) Will you dare to take on the challenge of Dead and Again?
- Don't Be Greedy (Free) If you are not being greedy, you will get a high score.
- OK Golf ($2.99) Play a quick round anywhere, anytime on stylish dioramas inspired by classic golfing destinations. Easy to play, hard to put down, perfect for all ages and handicaps!