The popular desktop game Age Of War 2 is now available for iOS devices. Age of War is a side-scrolling, tower defense title where you progress through different times in history. The sequel includes 2 additional ages than the original, and it the first title in the series to include female characters. In the game players must defend their home base by training different characters based on the current age.
Age of War 2 features seven different stages of war including new Spartan and Egyptian ages, and 29 unit types from cavemen to cyborgs. The iOS version also includes 4 difficulty modes with plenty of achievements and challenges. Age of War 2 is available for free now on the Apple App Store.
Minecraft announced this week that it will begin testing Minecraft Coins in mid-April. The new in-game currency will allow players to purchase adventure maps, texture packs, minigames and more from professional "crafters" in the upcoming Minecraft Marketplace planned for the spring. Minecraft players can learn more about Minecraft Coins and the new Marketplace by visiting the newly launched minisite.
The popular sketching app Paper has been updated with a new Copy & Paste feature for subscribers. Paper is available for free on the App Store, but users can support the app by subscribing to its Patron service for $5.99. The app provides both iPhone and iPad users with easy note taking capabilities, the ability to edit and draw on photos, or the ability create original sketches using its wide variety of free drawing tools.
Pokémon GO is holding a special Eggstravaganza until April 20th For the next seven days players can earn more Candy for every Egg they hatch and level up even faster with double XP. Lucky Eggs will also be 50% off in shops giving trainers the potential to earn up to 4 times as much XP throughout the event. You can learn more about the Eggstravaganza here.
Here are the rest of this week's most noteworthy games released to the Apple App Store:
- Footy Golf (Free) Using your foot instead of a club, AIM and FREE KICK the ball through playful courses filled with lamp posts, trash cans, bouncy springs, fences and more.
- Planescape: Torment ($9.99) Uncover secrets of past lives in this story-rich, tactical roleplaying game set in Sigil, a dark fantasy city at the heart of the Dungeons & Dragons multiverse. Explore the planes, survive combat alongside a party of bizarre companions, and solve puzzles unlike any ever seen in the genre.
- Bacon Escape (Free) Fleeing your sinister jailors, Bacon Escape is your quest to break free from captivity and join your animal friends. But make sure you’re not guiding your piggy out of the frying pan and into the fire.
- Full of Stars (Free) When a galaxy-wide war destroys planet after planet, humanity finds itself on the brink of extinction. Scared refugees scatter across the stars looking for safety. Luckily, they find you - a daring space captain, willing to bring them to a safe haven. You'll need to lead them through dark and unknown parts of the galaxy, remnants of long-dead galactic empires, and sectors overrun by alien life forms.
- Zombie Safari (Free) Leave the urban area behind and explore a dangerous world packed with zombies, challenges and loot! Take the wheel of 4x4 off-roaders, Monster Trucks, Six Wheeled Gas-Guzzlers and climb the highest mountains where no man has gone before.