Amazon has released an Amazon Instant Video app for the iPad. The app features access to thousands of titles available from Prime Instant Video. It comes preloaded with a selection of top video titles, and you can add other titles directly from Amazon. Users can download purchased or rented movies to watch offline, and will have access to Amazon's Watchlist queue.
The Instant Video app also allows you sync movies so you can finish watching on a different device. For example, if you start watching The Avengers on your iPad, you can pause and pick up where you left off on a Kindle Fire, PS3, PC, Mac, or hundreds of models of connected TVs and Blu-ray players.
Amazon's Instant Video app is free to download in the App Store. It's only compatible with the iPad and requires iOS 4.3 or later.
With Amazon Instant Video, you can:
• Stream thousands of titles available from Prime Instant Video at no additional cost with a Prime membership, or watch over 120,000 videos available from the Amazon Instant Video store
• Download purchased and rented videos from Your Video Library
• Shop over 120,000 videos available from the Amazon Instant Video store by visiting Amazon
• Add videos to your Watchlist from a PC, Mac, or Kindle Fire for later viewing on your iPad
• Subscribe to a TV Season Pass by visiting Amazon and episodes will automatically be available on your iPad the day after they air
• Start watching on your iPad, and resume watching right where you left off on a Kindle Fire, PS3, PC, Mac, or hundreds of models of connected TVs and Blu-ray players with Amazon Whispersync.