Spotify has been converted into a universal app making the popular iPhone music platform available to iPad owners for the first time. Version 0.5.0 gives both iPhone and iPad users access to millions of tracks from thousands of albums. Changes include Retina display graphics, an even easier to browse catalogue, new high-definition cover art, trending playlists and grouped by user searches.
Spotify is free to download from the App Store with the option to upgrade to a Spotify Premium account. Non-premium users can test out the service for 48-hours completely free. Read on for a complete list of changes.
• Simple to browse and explore the Spotify catalogue
• Retina graphics for iPad and high-definition album art
• Search for playlists, users and music - all from the same view
• Discover what's hot, and find trending playlists & songs among your friends
• Inbox grouped by user for easy searching
• Perfect as your living room stereo - full-screen view and AirPlay integration
Additional fixes and improvements:
• New: Gapless playback and cross fading.
• Fixed: Offline synced playlists can no longer be removed by the system.
• Fixed: Crashes related to updating playlists or starring tracks.
Spotify is compatible with the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. It requires iOS 5.0 or later.