Spotify will begin offering free play on mobile devices beginning December 11, 2013. You can access the free music streaming service by downloading the Spotify iOS app from the App Store. The free service is supported by advertisements and does not allow you to select tracks on demand. Here's a list of features:
- Your music: Listen to all the playlists you’ve created and playlists from the people you follow. Spotify lets you discover new music, save, shuffle and share.
- Your favorite artists: Want to listen to a certain artist? Just hit shuffle play, sit back and listen to their entire catalogue. Don’t settle for something similar. Don’t settle for just one track from the artist you want to hear every 20 minutes.
- Discover great new playlists: Going for a jog or to the gym? We’ve got the playlist to help you go the extra mile. We know you just want the perfect music for a specific moment in time – and we’ve got you covered. There’s something for every mood, genre or moment.
Spotify users will still have to upgrade to a Premium account for $10 if they want to take advantage of all the features offered by the service.
Spotify Premium features include:
- Play any song, any time on any device--mobile, tablet, or your computer
- Download music for offline listening
- Enjoy amazing sound quality
- No ads – just uninterrupted music
- No commitment - cancel any time you like
The Spotify app is compatible with all iOS devices running iOS 6 or later.