The popular PC game FTL: Faster Than Light was ported to the iPad on April 3, 2014. Owners of the original version were upset to discover that they could not transfer their achievements and unlocked ships to the new version, however, a user on Stack Exchange has found a way around the problem.
1. Locate your saved files. For example, on Windows 7 they can be found under Documents\My Games\FasterThanLight or on OS X they can be found under /Users/[your user name]/Library/Application Support/FasterThanLight. [Read more here]
3. Open the FTL app in your iOS file explorer.
4. As explained on the Stack Exchange, you will need to locate the default save file Library/Application Support directory with a prof.sav file (or a seperate prof.sav file under each player ID inside the players folder if you have Game Center enabled).
5. Backup your files and close the FTL app on your iPad.
6. Find the prof.sav file on your Mac or PC and locate the ae_prof.sav file.
7. Finally, copy the ae_prof.sav file to the iPad folder where you originally found the prof.sav file.