The iPad keyboard supports many different characters from around the world. To turn on one or more International keyboard(s):
1. Touch Settings -> General -> Keyboard -> International Keyboards
2. Select Add New Keyboard
3. Select the keyboard you wish to add
4. After you add the keyboard, you can edit the Software Keyboard Layout and Hardware Keyboard Layout by touching the keyboard name.
4. When more than one keyboard is added, a globe symbol appears to the left of the space bar in the keyboard. Use this button to switch between International keyboards when typing.
4. Many keyboards have additional hidden keys. To access these characters hold down a key on the keyboard and variations of that letter will appear. For example, holding down the letter E on the English (US) keyboard brings up 8 different options.
The iPad has keyboard support for the following:
Chinese (Simplified) Handwriting
Chinese (Simplified) Pinyin