Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville is the third title of Sarah Northway's strategy sim series which started as a free Flash game before making its way to iOS and other mobile devices. In Rebuild players must rebuild their city during a zombie apocalypse while also trying to survive rival gang attacks, illness, starvation and internal conflicts. Players can expand their city by taking over neighboring houses, farms, malls and other buildings while scavenging for food, building defenses, recruiting new citizens and more. The game features several different endings, the ability to research new technologies and the ability to customize skills, tools and weapons. If you have never played any of the Rebuild games, I highly recommend them.
Based on the trailer, Gangs of Deadsville seems to stay true to the original gameplay but with new graphics, a new technology tree and more of everything, such as weapons, survivor perks and buildings. The game also now includes NPC factions who you can visit and interactive fighting, which is a first.
Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville is available on Steam's Early Access for $12, and it will be available for iOS and Android devices this summer. There is a lot of information about the game and screenshots on the official website.
Here's the official YouTube description and list of new features:
"Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville is a strategy sim game with a good helping of narrative and dark humor. It's a thoughtful game that'll make you fond of your survivors before you send them to their deaths for the greater good. As you expand your fort to new buildings, you'll decide between farms or fortifications, housing or hospitals, and make tough decisions to fend off raiders, illness, starvation, and madness. And the dead are still out there wandering the streets, hungrier than ever."
- 4X style strategy and city (re)building
- Endless replayability with randomized cities and events
- Survivors with individual skills, perks, relationships, and stories
- Rival NPC forts with their own agendas, friendly or otherwise
- Campaign Mode, a journey through cities of increasing size and difficulty
- Strategic fort defense and interactive attacks
- Play in either real-time or turn-based mode
- 5 skills: defense, leadership, scavenging, building, engineering
- 10 resources and one-use items to find or craft
- 30 missions: scavenge for food, kill zombies, farm, fish, trade, bartend...
- 35 node research tree
- 50 building types with unique uses and/or scavengeable resources
- 70 types of equipment to find
- 100 survivor perks: Melee Training, Green Thumb, Light Sleeper...
- 200,000 words of event text - enough to fill two novels