One way to keep your Twitter account and tweets private is to enable the protected tweet option. This will make your tweets visible to only your current followers and people you approve. You can do this from your iPad, iPhone or computer. Here's how:
1. Open the Twitter app on your iPad or iPhone.
2. Click the "Me" icon in the lower-right hand corner.
3. Click the Gear icon.
4. Click "Settings" from the pop up box.
5. Under Accounts tap the account you want to make private.
6. Under Privacy tap the "Protect my Tweets" slider so it is ON/GREEN.
Now your Tweets will be private for that account no matter what device you tweet from.