According to the official WhatsApp FAQ the popular messaging app is not compatible with the iPod touch or iPad. WhatsApp only supports the iPhone running iOS 6.0 or later. However, according to some users on the Apple support forums the app will work on some iPad devices. This may be due to a workaround using the WhatsApp web page on Mobile Safari. Here's how but it requires an iPhone:
1. Open Safari on your iPad.
2. Navigate to web.whatsapp.com.
3. Tap and pull down on the address bar and tap the Request Desktop Site otpion.
4. Now you must scan the QR code displayed on your iPad with your iPhone. Open the Settings app on your iPhone and select WhatsApp Web tab. Use your iPhone to scan the QR code and pair it to your iPad.
5. Now the WhatsApp page on your iPad should display all your WhatsApp messages.
If you know of anyway to use WhatsApp on your iPad please let us know in the comments.