Update: Apple has updated its iPad Pro support document with the following message:
"Updating your iPad Pro to iOS 9.2 or later might prevent this issue from occurring in the future."
This in reference to a bug causing some iPad Pro models to become unresponsive.
iOS 9.2 is now available for compatible iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices. The update fixes a bug that caused the Camera screen on an iPad to sometimes go black when shooting a video,
but it did not address the issue causing some iPads to become unresponsive after charging. iOS 9.2 also adds Phone support for the USB Camera Adapter, which explains the new product description on apple.com that we discussed earlier this morning. This means iPhone users can now transfer photos and video from an SD Card to their iPhone using Apple's Lightning to USB Camera Adapter.
Apple Music and iBooks also received some new features. Apple Music users can now create a new playlist when adding a song, download albums or playlists from their iCloud Music Library and easily see which songs have been downloaded. iBooks now features 3D Touch peek and pop pages on the table of contents, notes and bookmarks, and users can listen to audiobooks while browsing their library or iBooks store.
Safari and Podcasts have received stability improvements, and the Mail app, Live Photos, Camera, Health app and more have received necessary bug fixes.
iPad, iPhone and iPod touch owners can download and install iOS 9.2 by navigating to Settings > General > Software Update.
Here's the complete iOS 9.2 changelog:
- You can now create a new playlist when adding a song to a playlist
- Your most recently changed playlist is now listed at the top when adding songs to playlists
- Download albums or playlists from your iCloud Music Library by tapping the iCloud download button
- See which songs have been downloaded with the new download indicator next to each song in My Music and Playlists
- See works, composers, and performers while browsing Classical music in the Apple Music catalog
- A new Top Stories section in News so you can stay up to date with the most important news of the day (available in the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia)
- Mail Drop in Mail for sending large attachments
- iBooks now supports 3D Touch to peek and pop pages from the table of contents, your notes and bookmarks, or from search results inside a book
- iBooks now supports listening to an audiobook while you browse your library, read other books, or explore the iBooks Store
- iPhone support for the USB Camera Adapter to import photos and videos
- Improved stability of Safari
- Improved stability of Podcasts
- Fixing an issue that caused mail attachments to be inaccessible for some users with POP email accounts
- Resolving an issue for some users that caused attachments to overlap text in mail
- Fixing an issue where Live Photos could have turned off after restoring from a previous iCloud backup
- Addressing an issue that could cause search in Contacts to display no results
- Resolving an issue that could have prevented Calendar from displaying all seven days in week view
- Fixing an issue where Camera screen on iPad could be black when attempting to capture video
- Addressing an issue that could cause instability in the Activity app when viewing the day of Daylight Savings Time transition
- Fixing an issue that could prevent data from appearing in Health
- Fixing an issue that could prevent Wallet updates and Lock screen alerts from displaying
- Addressing an issue where updating iOS could prevent an alarm from going off
- Fixing an issue where some users were unable to login to Find my iPhone
- Fixing an issue that prevented some manual iCloud Backups from completing
- Addressing an issue where using the iPad keyboard could unintentionally trigger text selection mode
- Improved keyboard responsiveness when using Quick Reply
- Improved punctuation input on the 10-key Chinese (Pinyin & Stroke) keyboards with new expanded view of punctuation symbols and better predictions
- Fixing an issue on Cyrillic keyboards where caps lock would be enabled when typing in URL or email fields
- Fixing issues with VoiceOver when using Camera face detection
- Adding support for VoiceOver to wake up the screen
- Adding support for VoiceOver to invoke app switcher with 3D Touch gesture
- Fixing an issue with Guided Access when trying to end phone calls
- Improved functionality for Switch Control users when using 3D Touch
- Fixing an issue with speech rate of Speak Screen
- Siri support for Arabic (Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates)