In iOS 10 and later users can send animated effects attached to messages in the Messages app. These effects can only be sent between iOS devices running iOS 10 or later. If someone is not running iOS 10 or has an older device that does not support iOS 10, they will not be able to receive the animations.
The iOS 10 animations include: Balloons, Confetti, Lasers, Fireworks and Shooting Star. Here's how to send an animation from the Messages app on your iOS device:
- Open your Messages app and select the contact or group you want to message.
- Type your text message in the iMessage bar as you normally would.
- Tap and hold down on the blue arrow until the "Send with effect" screen appears.
- Tap Screen.
- Swipe left until you find the effect you want to use.
- Tap the blue arrow to send your text message with the selected effect attached.