After soft launching in New Zealand, Atari's latest RollerCoaster Tycoon title has landed on the US App Store. Unlike the recently released RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic, which was released as a premium title, RCT Touch is free to play with IAPs. In Touch, you must purchase and open card packs to build your theme park. The game features a coaster builder and track editor, missions to complete, and the ability to collect new cards to get different "coasters, rides, scenery and missions for your park," according to the App Store description.
RollerCoaster Tycoon Touch is available now on the App Store for all devices running iOS 9.0 or later.
TinyCo and Jam City this week announced a new Futurama game is coming to mobile devices this summer. What makes Futurama: Worlds of Tomorrow interesting is that it's being sold as an extension of the now twice canceled television show. In a Facebook Live interview with USA Today, the games developers revealed that the original writers, cast, and animators are participating in its creation. Series creator Matt Groening, told the developers if they wanted to create a Futurama mobile title then he's going to "sneak some more Futurama episodes in there."
Hasbro and Kabam released a trailer for their Marvel Contest of Champions reskin, Transformers: Forged to Fight. The new Transformers fighting game will include a few new features, including ranged attacks and the ability to side-step attacks. You can check out the teaser trailer by hitting the link, or by visiting transformersforgedtofight.com.
Don't forget to download the WATCH ABC app on your iOS device or Apple TV if you want to live stream the awards show this weekend. The 89th Academy Awards with host Jimmy Kimmel begin at at 8:30 PM EST on February 26, 2017.
Here are this week's most noteworthy App Store releases:
- Tavern Guardians ($2.99) Hack-and-Slash action game played in the style of a match-three.
- Dungeon Rushers ($4.99) 2D tactical RPG combining dungeon crawler’s gameplay and turn based fights. Manage your team, loot dusty dungeons, crush armies of monsters and craft mighty equipment.
- Die by Died ($0.99) Retro style platformer where you explore dungeons full of traps and hidden secrets.
- Turmoil ($5.99) (iPad-Only!) Visually charming, tongue-in-cheek take on the simulation genre inspired by the 19th century oil rush in North America.
- MUL.MASH.TAB.BA.GAL.GAL ($2.99) Dazzlingly hand-animated, retro-inspired, modern-playing smash-o-rama that will leave your thumbs twitching and your heart aflutter.