Blizzard this week has released its latest Hearthstone expansion Journey to Un’Goro. The release not only unleashes 135 new prehistoric cards into the Hearthstone universe, but it also kicks off the Year of the Mammoth card rotation. Journey to Un’Goro card packs can now be purchased from the in-game Shop for gold or real-world currency, or won as quest rewards or prizes in the Arena. You can learn more about the world of Un’Goro and all the new Hearthstone cards here.
Apple released its own video creation app called Clips on Thursday. The app mimics a lot of features from other services such as Snapchat by allowing users to easily create their own videos with annotations, music and effects. The user reviews since its release have been mostly positive, but critics have call the UI confusing. Clips is available now for free on the App Store for all devices running iOS 10.3 or later.
Adult Swim's Robot Unicorn Attack 3 is set to launch next week. The new title in the popular endless runner series features multiple 3D unicorns to unlock, the ability to melt down unwanted unicorns to upgrade, long-term events, legendary unicorns and more. You can learn more about the game on the Touch Arcade forums.
Google this week launched YouTube TV in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, and Philadelphia. The new television streaming service allows subscribers to access ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, Fox Sports Networks, Comcast SportsNet and more for $35 a month on their computer, smartphones, tablets and streaming devices, such as Chromecast. iOS users can download the free app from the App Store.
Here are the rest of this week's noteworthy App Store releases:
- Onirim - Solitaire Card Game ($0.99) Card game where you play as a Dreamwalker, lost in a mysterious labyrinth, and you must discover the oneiric doors before your dreamtime runs out - or you will remain trapped forever.
- Transformers: Forged to Fight (Free) Join Optimus Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, Waspinator, Rhinox, Grimlock, Soundwave and many more of your favorite characters in the battle for supremacy where Transformers universes collide.
- Yōdanji: The Roguelike ($2.99) Your phone gets the ability to summon and trap yōkai - numerous spirits that have been living hidden among us (until now). Admire them and give them witty nicknames and then put them in the brutal ever-changing dungeon to try and summon even more yōkai! Spooky cute graphics and powders made from various body parts included.
- Pixel Drifters (Free) Get in the driver's seat and drift your way around a variety of obstacles and tight corners. Collect coins, earn combos, complete missions, and unlock the entire fleet of Pixel Drifters!
- King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (Free) From nothing comes a king. In this official film game, train as Arthur alongside his gang in order to harness the powers of Excalibur and hold off Vortigern's assault.