Cat Quest is a new real-time, open world RPG with cats. It is already getting rave reviews on the Touch Arcade forums, from critics and it has earned a 5-star rating on the Apple App Store. The official App Store description promises "over 15 hours of furry content," over 60 side quests and dungeons, and an "engrossing story about loss, betrayal, adventure, victory and...cats."
Cat Quest is available for all devices running iOS 7.0 or later.
Champions and Challengers is another real-time tactical game headed to mobile devices. The game allows players to unlock 70 heroes and villains from the Adventure Time multiverse. It also features real-time battles, a PvP mode and the ability to build the biggest and baddest Adventure Time party in the world. Check out the trailer below. Android owners can pre-register here.
Night Trap: 25th Anniversary Edition is currently available for a limited time for the PS4 through Limited Run. Yesterday the game's developer Screaming Villains said that a mobile release is still a possibility. However, this may be the only chance to snag a physical copy of the game with original reversible cover art.
This week it was announced that the Korean fighting game DC Unchained is headed to the US App Store. In the game players can build a team of DC heroes and villains to take on Darkseid and his minions. The game includes a deep roster of DC characters including uperman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Harley Quinn, Captain Cold, Doomsday, Robin and more.
Here are the rest of this week's noteworthy App Store releases:
- Nexomon ($2.99) Assemble the ultimate Nexomon team to save your friends and save the world! Clash against legendary champions and become a hero in this epic journey.
- Danmaku Unlimited 3 ($4.99) Take to the skies once more as the last defender of humanity against overwhelming odds! Lovingly built to be enjoyed by newcomers and genre veterans alike.
- Titanfall: Assault (Free) Experience freedom on the Frontier battlefield in a new mobile RTS that redefines the genre with fast-paced action and intense PvP battles.
- Strike Team Hydra ($5.99) You are the commander of an elite Strike Team aboard the warship, HYDRA. Your first combat mission will have you leading your team in vicious ship-to-ship battles against the Sethari, a mysterious alien race whose soldiers are genetically bred for war.
- follow.trail ($2.99) Follow the trail one dot at a time.