Apple this week released iOS 11 putting an end to 32-bit apps on the App Store. While many games and apps were rendered useless with the release of Apple's new OS, a lot of developers stepped up by making their titles 64-bit compatible. Two of those games are XCOM: Enemy Within and the zombie shooter Aftermath. You can check what apps will not work on your device by following these instructions.
Super Mario Run is getting its first major update with a new mode, a new world and a new unlockable character called Daisy. The new mode is titled "Remix 10." Remix mixes up bits from existing worlds for players to play in quick succession and collect as many rainbow medals as possible. Remix allows you to earn new items to add to your Mushroom Kingdom, and you can unlock Daisy by saving her and completing the levels.
The new world is called World Star. It will include 9 new levels, new enemies and new coin collecting challenges. The update will also add the ability to listen to your own music. The update will land on iOS devices on September 29th.
Beta testing opened for Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times. You can hit the link for the email to contact to join, but slots are limited and may already be filled. The End Times is set to launch on October 19th.
Here are this week's noteworthy App Store releases:
- Morphite ($7.99) Takes place in a far off future when humanity has long since populated the distant reaches of space. The player takes on the role of Myrah Kale, a young woman residing on a space station and workshop under the care of her surrogate father, Mr. Mason. What starts as a simple exploratory mission to gather supplies to support their shop rapidly turns into a journey revealing Myrah’s unknown past and her relationship to a rare, coveted, and nearly extinct material called Morphite.
- The Witness ($9.99) You wake up, alone, on a strange island full of puzzles that will challenge and surprise you.
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice ($0.99) With a colorful cast of characters, including the return of fan-favorite Maya Fey, this full-length game is packed to the brim with all-new mysteries and unforgettable courtroom drama.
- Terra Battle 2 (Free) Brings a completely different game-play experience, while preserving the highly-praised core battle mechanics in a fantastic epic RPG.
- Another Lost Phone: Laura's Story ($2.99) A game about exploring the social life of a young woman whose phone you have just found.