It's Halloween weekend and plenty of horror themed games have hit the App Store this week, but before we look at the newest Halloween titles, here are some other noteworthy games now available for the iPad.
Slitherine released the nation building strategy game Afghanistan '11 to the iPad. Unlike other war simulations where the goal is typically to crush your enemy, your mission in Afghanistan '11 is to win the trust of local villagers by providing security and keeping up morale at home. Afghanistan '11 is available for the iPad for $19.99.
The post-apocalyptic management game Sheltered has also been ported to iOS this week. The goal of the game is to build a habitable fallout shelter for your family while crafting weapons and other amenities. Sheltered is available for $3.99 on the App Store.
The RPG WitchSpring3 is now available on the App Store. The game follows a witch who uses dolls to defend her house from warriors. The game is only $3.99 with no additional IAPs.
New Halloween Apps
- Turn Undead: Monster Hunter (Free) Take on Dracula and his legion of monsters in this turn based action puzzle platformer.
- Night of the Full Moon ($1.99) Premium indie trading card game adapted from the story of Little Red Riding Hood with a tribute to Grimm's Fairy Tales.
- Bloody Mary: The Hudson House (Free) Immersive story experience that intertwines gorgeous artwork, riveting music, and a compelling storyline to keep you on the edge of your seat.
- Decap Attack Classic (Free) You are Chuck. D. Head, a headless hero, sent on a quest to stop the hordes of Max D. Cap taking over the world. Lob your detachable skull at barmy bad guys, traverse weird and wonderful lands and use your head to bring peace to the world – literally!
- Haunted House HD (Free) It's Halloween, and all the neighbourhood kids are coming to steal your candy! As resident of a real haunted house, you have all the tools at your disposal to scare them away.
- Pumpkinman - Spooky Survival (Free) Pumpkinman is trapped in a haunted forest. Everything is out to get him. You need to do your best to stop him from becoming pumpkin soup!
Have a safe and happy Halloween!