Spiderweb Software announced in February that the third title in its rebooted RPG series, Avernum, was coming to the iPad. This week the company announced that Avernum 3: Ruined World will officially land on the App Store on April 18th.
Avernum is an updated version of the popular Exile series from the 90s. The third game in the series is a single-player RPG with an enormous world. The story follows the Avernites who have escaped their underworld prison only to discover that the surface world has been destroyed. Players must battle bizarre monsters to win their freedom while exploring a world that evolvess around them. Towns are destroyed and disasters happen as time passes in the game.
Ruined World is currently available on Steam. It has earned a "Very Positive" user rating since its release. Here are its highlighted features:
- Epic fantasy adventure with over 60 hours of gameplay. Explore an enormous underworld and a huge surface continent.
- Rich game system with over 60 spells and battle disciplines and a multitude of beneficial character traits to choose from.
- Well over 100 towns and dungeons, which change as time passes. Cities crumble as the monster plagues advance.
- Fight to save the world. Or don’t! Do odd jobs. Be a bounty hunter or merchant. Buy a house.
- Unique races and settings make Avernum different from any adventure out there.
- Over 100 side quests and hundreds of magical artifacts.